Thyroid Check PLUS Blood Test
Provides an insight into your thyroid health status as well as your diabetes risk. When the thyroid isn't functioning properly, both high and low thyroid hormone levels may affect your blood glucose levels
Thyroid Check PLUS - Our Most Complete Thyroid Test - Without Nurse
The Thyroid Check PLUS blood test not only checks your thyroid hormone status but it also checks your blood glucose levels. Your thyroid is essential to energy metabolism, temperature, heart rate, and its correct function is vital to overall health and wellbeing. When the thyroid isn't functioning properly, both high and low thyroid hormone levels affect your blood glucose (sugar) level.
Nearly 1 in 20 people in the UK are affected by thyroid problems at some point in their lives, the majority of which are women.
Almost 3.7 million people in the UK have been diagnosed with diabetes, and around another million don't yet know they have it. This number continues to rise each year.
The Thyroid Check PLUS blood test enables you and your doctor to understand your thyroid status and health, and at the same time, understand your risk of diabetes or, if you have been diagnosed with diabetes, to monitor your status.
This Thyroid Check PLUS blood panel tests for and reports on the following:
- TSH, FT4, FT3, TT4, Reverse T3, Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies, Thyroglobulin Antibodies, Ferritin, Folate, Vitamin B12 (not active B12), C Reactive Protein, Vitamin D (25 OH), glucose regulation, HbA1c, Magnesium, all of which offer an excellent overall view of thyroid status.
- HbA1c (also called glycated haemoglobin, haemoglobin A1c or simply A1c):
This test measures your blood glucose concentration, and the higher the number, the greater your risk of diabetes-related symptoms. It differs from a blood glucose test, which only shows the blood glucose level at the time of testing. Your HbA1c reading, which reflects your average over a period of two to three months, is more reliable.
- Glucose regulation and control:
A specific hormone made in the pancreas is vital to the transport and cellular storage of glucose from carbohydrates in the food you eat. Once in the cells, glucose is broken down to produce energy. People with poor blood glucose control are unable to use this vital hormone effectively. As a result, cells are unable to take in glucose, so it builds up in the blood. If blood glucose measures higher than normal but not high enough for a diagnosis of diabetes, it is referred to as prediabetes. If untreated prediabetes can progress to type 2 diabetes.
The role of magnesium has been vastly underestimated. It's found in 300 different enzymatic actions, including those that regulate blood glucose. Low levels of magnesium contribute to diabetes, but the reverse is also true: Diabetes contributes to low magnesium. If you have diabetes or prediabetes, it is vitally important to get enough magnesium, which plays an important role in treating or preventing type 2 diabetes and improving blood glucose control and regulation.
By investigating blood glucose levels, HbA1c levels, and magnesium levels it may provide further insight into typical thyroid symptoms and feeling of low energy and fatigue as well as looking at blood glucose status and risk.
Fasting Required. Samples must be received by lab the next day
- Your professional vacutainer kit contains everything you need for a professional blood draw. Includes Instructions and return postal envelope
- Accredited UK labs
- Results analysed by a qualified UK doctor
- Confidential results returned by email - Turnaround time 15 working days
This test includes:
- Reverse T3
- Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies
- Thyroglobulin Antibodies
- Vitamin B12 (Not Active B12)
- C Reactive Protein
- Vitamin D (25 OH)
- Glucose regulation
THIS TEST MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE LAB THE NEXT DAY
- Your professional vacutainer kit will arrive by post. It includes instructions and return envelope
- You have chosen the NO NURSE option, you will have to self-arrange a professional or your doctor to make the draw
- We advise having your blood drawn between Monday and Wednesday, the latest day the lab can receive samples is Thursday
- Once your blood has been taken, make sure all of your personal information is correct, place vials in the envelope as instructed
- The envelope/sample must be returned to the lab on the day of the draw, we advise you to take the envelope to the post office and return by guaranteed next day delivery to ensure arrival at the lab next day
- Results will be sent to you by email
Customers Also Bought
Promotes a peaceful sleep and supports a healthy heart
SAM-e (S-Adenosyl-L-methionine) 400mg
Supports, maintains and improves joint health
ProBoost Thymic Protein A
Supports optimal immune system function
Saw Palmetto 160mg
Supports prostate health and sexual function
Zinc Gluconate 25mg
Enhances immune system and reproduction function
A potent antioxidant which helps support brain and heart health
Valerian Root Extract 250mg
Improves quality of sleep, promotes positive mood and calmness
Probiotic Advanced Complex
Supports gastrointestinal health & enhances immune system function
Vitamin B Complex (CoEnzyme B50 )
Full spectrum of B vitamins to promote optimal health and overall wellbeing
Phosphatidylserine Complex (SerinAid)
Plays a significant role in maintaining and improving cognitive health