Thyroid Check PLUS Blood Test
Provides an insight into your thyroid health status as well as your diabetes risk. When the thyroid isn't functioning properly, both high and low thyroid hormone levels may affect your blood glucose levels
Thyroid Check PLUS - Our Most Complete Thyroid Test - Without Nurse
The Thyroid Check PLUS blood test not only checks your thyroid hormone status but it also checks your blood glucose levels. Your thyroid is essential to energy metabolism, temperature, heart rate, and its correct function is vital to overall health and wellbeing. When the thyroid isn't functioning properly, both high and low thyroid hormone levels affect your blood glucose (sugar) level.
It is estimated that 1 in 20 people in the UK is affected by thyroid problems at some point in their lives, the majority of which are women.
Almost 3.7 million people in the UK have been diagnosed with diabetes, and around another million don't yet know they have it. This number continues to rise each year.
The Thyroid Check PLUS blood test enables you and your doctor to understand your thyroid status and health, and at the same time, understand your risk of diabetes or, if you have been diagnosed with diabetes, to monitor your status.
This Thyroid Check PLUS blood panel tests for and reports on the following:
TSH, FT4, FT3, TT4, Reverse T3, Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies, Thyroglobulin Antibodies, Ferritin, Folate, Vitamin B12 (not active B12), C Reactive Protein, Vitamin D (25 OH), Insulin, HbA1c, Magnesium, all of which offer an excellent overall view of thyroid status.
- HbA1c (also called glycated haemoglobin, haemoglobin A1c or simply A1c): This test measures your blood glucose concentration, and the higher the number, the greater your risk of diabetes-related symptoms. It differs from a blood glucose test, which only shows blood glucose level at the time of testing. Your HbA1c reading, which reflects your average over a period of two to three months, is more reliable.
- Insulin levels: A hormone made in the pancreas, insulin is vital to the transport and cellular storage of glucose from carbohydrates in the food you eat. Once in the cells, glucose is broken down to produce energy. People with insulin resistance are unable to use insulin effectively. As a result, cells are unable to take in glucose, so it builds up in the blood. If blood glucose measures higher than normal but not high enough for a diagnosis of diabetes, it is referred to as prediabetes. If untreated prediabetes can progress to type 2 diabetes.
- Magnesium: The role of magnesium has been vastly underestimated. It's found in 300 different enzymatic actions, including those that regulate blood glucose. Low levels of magnesium contribute to diabetes, but the reverse is also true: Diabetes contributes to low magnesium. If you have diabetes or prediabetes, it is vitally important to get enough magnesium, which plays an important role in treating or preventing type 2 diabetes and improving insulin resistance.
By investigating insulin levels, HbA1c levels, and magnesium levels it may provide a further insight into typical thyroid symptoms and feeling of low energy and fatigue as well as looking at blood glucose status and risk.
Fasting Required. Samples must be received by lab the next day
- Your kit will be delivered by Royal Mail 1st class
- Your professional vacutainer kit contains everything you need for a professional blood draw. Includes Instructions and return postal envelope
- Accredited UK labs
- Results analysed by a qualified UK doctor
- Confidential results returned by email - Turnaround time 15 working days
This test includes TSH, FT4, FT3, TT4, Reverse T3, Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies, Thyroglobulin Antibodies, Ferritin, Folate, Vitamin B12 (Not Active B12), C Reactive Protein, Vitamin D (25 OH), Insulin, HbA1c, Magnesium all of which offer an excellent overall view of thyroid status
Once you have purchased your test, your professional vacutainer, instructions and return envelope will arrive by post.
You have chosen the option with no nurse in attendance. This means you will have to self-arrange a professional (nurse or doctor) to take your blood.
Once you have taken your blood and filled the vials, please follow instructions that come with your kit. Place everything in the envelope provided, making sure all of your personal information is correct.
THIS TEST MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE LAB THE NEXT DAY
We advise you to take the kit to the post office and return by special delivery. Please remember to keep your tracking number safe. We also advise that you DO NOT post kits on a Friday, as this does not allow enough time for your package to arrive before the weekend when the lab is closed.
Once your results are complete a report will be emailed to you.
Customers Also Bought
ProBoost Thymic Protein A
Supports optimal immune system function
Promotes peaceful sleep, optimal heart health, and overall health and wellbeing
Zinc Gluconate 25mg
Enhances immune system and reproduction function, and hormone regulation
An essential nutrient for your body, brain and overall health
SAM-e (S-Adenosyl-L-methionine) 400mg
Supports, maintains and improves joint health
Saw Palmetto 160mg
Supports prostate health and sexual function
Vitamin B Complex (CoEnzyme B50 Complex)
A full spectrum of B vitamins to promote optimal health and overall wellbeing
Ubiquinol CoQ10 100mg
Promotes heart and brain health and is up to 8 times more effective than regular CoQ10 formulations
Unique E High Gamma Formula
Contains the highest concentration of the complete vitamin E complex
Probiotic Advanced Complex
Supports gastrointestinal health & enhances immune system function