Optimal Athlete Male Blood Test
A full sports evaluation test for male athletes which covers the bodily functions that need to be at optimal levels for you to perform at your best
Optimal Athlete Male Blood Test - With Nurse in Attendance
- A full sports related blood work assessment
- Yields a wealth of detailed information
Looking for a test that can help fine-tune your athletic performace? Knowing what’s going on inside your body can give you a leg up on reaching your performance goals. This functional evaluation test for male athletes covers the bodily functions that need to be at optimal levels for you to perform at your best. What’s more, it was created with the understanding that hormones aren’t only a concern of women.
With the near-noninvasive Athlete Male panel, you’ll get a full, sports-related bloodwork assessment. The small amount of blood you give yields a wealth of detailed information ― biomarkers that provide insights into your body’s functional status and may enable detection of biological changes.
Testing covers cholesterol and iron levels and enables evaluation of kidney and liver function. It also measures your steroid hormones, which you need to know. These include testosterone and oestradiol (along with SHBG, which allows these hormones to bind). Testing also includes the all-important thyroid hormones, T4 and T3, and others.
Testosterone is important for keeping the less beneficial oestrogen in check. It also helps build muscle mass and strength, and spurs motivation. Men with higher testosterone levels have shown a higher likelihood of winning in competitive sports.
Your hormone profile will help you know if you have the right balance of hormones to make the most of your training. Overall, this panel will provide information that can help you and your doctor address any nutritional deficiencies, plan strategies for performance improvement and monitor your progress.
Because the Athlete Male Blood test requires a venous draw, it is not available as a self-administered, finger-prick home test. However, you can purchase a professional vacutainer for a convenient draw from a visiting nurse in the privacy of your home
Fast For 8 Hours
Recommended time for the draw is between 8 am - 10 am Monday to Wednesday.
Samples must arrive at the lab next working day to begin the analysis, therefore, your samples must be posted back to the lab on the same day of blood draw.
- Your professional vacutainer kit contains everything you need for a professional blood draw. Includes Instructions and return postal envelope
- Convenient testing by a nurse in your home/office
- Accredited UK Lab
- Results analysed by a qualified UK doctor
- Confidential results returned by email - Turnaround time 1- 2 working days
The test includes results for the following:
- Free Testosterone (Calc)
- Bioavailable Testosterone (Calc)
- Creatinine for kidney monitoring
- ALT, AST, ALP, GGT
- Total Cholesterol
- LDL Cholesterol
- HDL Cholesterol
- FSH, TSH, FT3, FT4, LH
- Red Blood Cells
- Mean Cell Volume
- Red Cell Distribution
- Mean Cell Haemoglobin
- White Blood Cells
- Your professional vacutainer kit will arrive by post with instructions and a return envelope
- You have chosen the with Nurse Option
- The nursing team will contact you by text to arrange a convenient time for an appointment
- You must not make your appointment with the nurse if your kit has not arrived. If they text you please ask them to call you back
- If you make an appointment and for some reason, your kit does not arrive both you and myoptimalwellbeing will be charged
- We advise making appointments between Monday and Wednesday, the latest day the lab can receive samples is a Thursday
- Once your blood has been taken, you make sure all of your personal information is correct and place vials in the envelope provided
- The envelope must be returned to the lab on the day of the draw; we advise that you take the envelope to the post office and return by guaranteed next day delivery to ensure arrival at the lab next day.
- Your results will be sent to you by email
Customers Also Bought
Promotes a peaceful sleep and supports a healthy heart
ProBoost Thymic Protein A
Supports optimal immune system function
Can-C Eye Drops
A breakthrough formula for the ageing eye to promote eye health and vision
Saw Palmetto 160mg
Supports prostate health and sexual function
Zinc Gluconate 25mg
Enhances immune system and reproduction function
Vitamin C with Rose Hips (sustained release)
A potent antioxidant, immune system enhancer and collagen booster
Valerian Root Extract 250mg
Improves quality of sleep, promotes positive mood and calmness
A potent antioxidant which helps support brain & heart health
Vitamin B Complex (CoEnzyme B50 )
Full spectrum of B vitamins to promote optimal health and overall wellbeing
Krill Oil Pure Neptune Krill Oil
Supports cardiovascular and brain health