Healthy Woman 40+ Blood Test
An insight into your 40+ health status - embark on your journey to optimal health
Healthy Woman 40+ Blood Test - Without nurse option
Why getting a blood test when you're over 40 is important
Once you pass 40, your body begins to change. Hormone production declines. Your ability to make or absorb certain important nutrients wanes. Your health may suffer and aging accelerate - IF you don’t act proactively.
What many women fail to realise is, they have a choice about how they age.
The passage of years doesn’t inevitably consign you to illness and infirmity! The truth is, you can take positive, pro-ageing steps to halt the degenerative effects so commonly associated with ageing: loss of strength and vitality . . . weight gain . . . diminished sexual functioning . . . even chronic disease.
Taking the Healthy Woman 40+ Blood Test is the first of those steps.
Positive ageing begins with knowing what’s going on in your body.
Healthy Woman 40+ is an extensive blood test designed to assess the status of your sex and thyroid hormones, your body’s ability to control blood glucose and your levels of critical nutrients essential to promote health and protect you against chronic disease.
Importantly, it will alert you to deficiencies that need to be addressed in your quest to obtain and maintain optimal health.
Knowledge is power, and the Healthy Woman 40+ Blood Test gives you the power to embark successfully on your journey to positive ageing.
What the Healthy Woman 40+ Blood Test measures...
What Does Healthy Woman 40+ Reveal?
HORMONE HEALTH: By determining hormone levels, Healthy Woman 40+ will tell your doctor whether your hormones are properly balanced or need rebalancing with bioidentical hormone restorative therapy (BHRT). It measures:
- Oestrone and oestradiol: - These are oestrogens - female sex hormones important to sexual function, heart health, mental health, bone density and immune function. Estrone, the primary postmenopausal estrogen, is produced through the conversion of androgens secreted by the ovaries and adrenal glands. The ovaries are the dominant source of oestradiol, the strongest oestrogen in premenopausal women. Balanced oestrogen prevents/relieves vaginal dryness and atrophy, painful intercourse, loss of libido, urinary incontinence, hot flashes and night sweats. It also improves energy, healthy weight, muscle loss, mood swings, depression, brain fog, and dry hair and skin.
- DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) sulphate: - DHEA is a precursor to women’s sex hormones, including both oestrogen and testosterone. After peaking in a woman’s mid-20s, it declines with age, along with the hormones it produces. It is important for improved sexual function, mood, memory, energy, bone density and treatment of adrenal insufficiency. It also strengthens the immune system and slows bodily changes that come with age.
- Total testosterone: - Although this androgen hormone is associated with men, women need it too. Your overall health can be seriously affected when testosterone is unbalanced - that is, when there is too much or too little. It is important for production of new blood cells, interest in sex, memory, energy and an increased feeling of well-being.
- Progesterone: - This important hormone improves energy, mood, sleep, immune function, strong bones and muscle, healthy skin and hair, and cancer protection.
THYROID HEALTH: In the UK, an estimated 1 in 20 people - primarily women - experience thyroid problems during their lifetime. A malfunctioning thyroid can cause slow metabolism and encourage weight gain, high blood pressure, increased heart attack risk, brain fog, depression, thinning hair and eyebrows and many other symptoms. The Healthy Woman 40+ Blood Test is especially important for women because it provides a full thyroid hormone panel:
- TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone)
- FT4 & 3 (free triiodothyronine & thyroxine)
- TT4 (total thyroxine)
- Reverse T3 (high level may indicate inhibition of conversion of T4 to T3)
Additionally, the thyroid panel includes two important tests that most doctors omit ―both markers for the presence of autoimmune thyroid disease:
- Thyroid peroxidase antibodies
- Thyroglobulin antibodies
DIABETES RISK: Both high and low thyroid levels affect your blood glucose levels and thus may increase your risk for diabetes. The Healthy Woman 40+ Blood Test assesses your diabetes risk (or diabetes status, if previously diagnosed) by measuring your levels of:
- Insulin, the hormone that transports glucose (sugar) from carbohydrates in the food you eat through your bloodstream to cells, where it is broken down (metabolized) to provide energy. Diabetes risk is highest for those with insulin resistance ― that is, a rise in glucose in the blood because cells can’t take it in for processing.
- HbA1c, also called A1c, is glycated haemoglobin, which develops when haemoglobin, the protein in red blood cells that transports oxygen to all parts of your body, combines with glucose in your blood. This measurement shows the average blood glucose concentration over the previous 8 - 12 weeks. It is used to diagnose diabetes or determine your status.
- Magnesium, which is a cofactor in more than 300 enzymatic reactions, is essential to functioning of every cell in your body. Magnesium deficiency is associated with diabetes, prediabetes, hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, as well as depression and cancer.
- C-reactive protein in the blood measures inflammation in the body and helps to diagnose acute and chronic conditions that cause inflammation, including diabetes, thyroid disease and heart disease. Inflammation is a characteristic of almost every chronic disease.
NUTRIENT STATUS: The Healthy Woman 40+ Blood Test also measures folate, ferritin, vitamin B12 and vitamin D ― four nutrients commonly deficient in those with thyroid problems and type 2 diabetes.
In short, the Healthy Woman 40+ Blood Test is your first step on the path to robust health and vitality as you age. It will give you information that helps you:
- Head off age-related diseases before they happen
- Identify and treat the root causes of existing health problems that accelerate aging and monitor the effectiveness of treatment
What happens next?
- Your professional vacutainer kit will arrive by post. This includes instructions and a return envelope
- You have chosen the NO NURSE option, this means you will have to self-arrange a professional or your doctor/nurse to make the draw
- We advise having your blood drawn between Monday and Wednesday, the latest day the lab can receive samples is Thursday
- Once your blood has been taken, make sure all of your personal information is correct, place vials in the envelope as instructed
- The envelope/sample must be returned to the lab on the day of the draw, we advise you to take the envelope to the post office and return by guaranteed next day delivery to ensure arrival at the lab next day
- Results will be sent to you by email
Customers Also Bought
Promotes peaceful sleep & optimal heart health
ProBoost Thymic Protein A
Supports optimal immune system function
SAM-e (S-Adenosyl-L-methionine) 400mg
Supports, maintains and improves joint health
Zinc Gluconate 25mg
Enhances immune system and reproduction function
Saw Palmetto 160mg
Supports prostate health and sexual function
Unique E High Gamma Formula
Highest concentration of the complete vitamin E complex
Valerian Root Extract 250mg
Improves quality of sleep, promotes positive mood and calmness
Probiotic Advanced Complex
Supports gastrointestinal health & enhances immune system function
Vitamin B Complex (CoEnzyme B50 )
Full spectrum of B vitamins to promote optimal health and overall wellbeing
An essential nutrient for your body & brain