Adrenal Fatigue Blood Test
A thorough assessment of adrenal and thyroid function, and hormonal balance to help gauge your health status
Adrenal Fatigue Blood Test - With a nurse in attendance option
Adrenal Fatigue may result in:
- Weakened immune system
- Weight gain
- Low blood pressure
- Anxiety and
Your adrenals regulate your immune system, your metabolism, your blood pressure and, importantly, your response to stress.
The adrenals are two small but powerful glands that sit just above your kidneys and produce steroid hormones, including DHEA, oestrogen, testosterone and cortisol ― hormones essential to health and, in fact, to life itself.
They affect how every part of your body functions, helping protect you from harm by controlling blood sugar and inflammation, and balancing your sex hormones.
Problems may arise when a period of stress is prolonged, affecting the thyroid as well as the adrenals. Because both glands impact major metabolic processes, negative effects may be far-reaching.
As stress continues unrelieved, the normal functions of your adrenals may be put on hold, and their ability to keep up with your need for stress and steroid hormones may eventually become depleted.
Adrenal fatigue may set in, and may cause exhaustion, a weakened immune system, weight gain, low blood pressure, allergies, anxiety, depression, insomnia and more.
At the same time, less cortisol may impede your ability to produce thyroid hormones, so you may develop hypothyroidism, which may also result in weight gain, severe fatigue and many other health problems.
Often, treating thyroid problems may also require addressing adrenal glands issues.
To help ensure a thorough assessment of adrenal and thyroid functioning, this blood panel tests for the adrenal hormones cortisol, testosterone, oestradiol and DHEA-S, as well as the thyroid hormones TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) and FT4 (free thyroxine).
Blood draw should be between 8 am - 10 am
No Fasting Required
- Your professional vacutainer contains everything you need for a professional blood draw. Includes instructions and return envelope
- Convenient testing in the comfort of your own home/office
- Accredited UK Labs
- Results analysed by qualified UK doctor
- Confidential results by email - Turnaround time 2 days
This test includes.
- Your professional vacutainer kit will be delivered to you by mail. It includes instructions and a return envelope
- The nursing team will contact you by text to arrange a convenient time for your appointment
- You must not make your appointment with the nurse if your kit has not arrived. If they text ask them to call you back
- If you make an appointment and for some reason, your kit doesn't arrive both you and myoptimalwellbeing will receive an additional charge
- We advise making appointments between Monday and Wednesday, the latest day the lab can receive samples is a Thursday
- Once your blood has been taken, make sure all of your personal information is correct, place the vials in the envelope provided
- The envelope must be returned to the lab on the day of the draw; we advise you to take the envelope to the post office and return by guaranteed next day delivery to ensure arrival a the lab next day
- Your results will be sent to you by email
Customers Also Bought
Unique E High Gamma Formula
Pure & natural - may help support optimal skin, heart and brain health when coupled with a healthy lifestyle
Together OceanPure Omega 3
DHA and EPA omega 3 at the ideal ratio
DLux+ Vitamin D & K2 Oral Spray
Organic Personal Lubricant 4oz
Designed to combat vaginal dryness and ease pain during intimacy
Natures Aid Echineeze 70mg (Echinacea)
Almost Naked™Organic Personal Lubricant 1.5oz
Designed to ease vaginal dryness and discomfort during intimacy
Magnesium Oil Original Spray
Together Wholevit Men's Multivitamin & Mineral
Specially developed for the unique needs of men
Magnesium Oil Goodnight Sleep Spray
An organic Super Food with Advanced Probiotic Formula